Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An unexpected surprise

When I got home from work today, and the servers came back online after the 3.3.3 patch being released... I did what any normal person would do.

I made a B-line toward Frozo, the new vendor in Dalaran that uses the previously useless Frozon Orbs as currency.

After all... I needed my new ice-blue magic carpet!

Once I got there, I nudged my way through the 20398723094870924 people huddled around Frozo, who was hovering safely on one of his own ice-blue magic carpets, and bought the pattern to make my new Rug-of-Awesomeness.

The mats to make said Rug-of-Awesomeness (did I mention it's blue?) were not steep. One of each Moonshroud, Ebonweave, and Spellweave, and four Frozen Orbs.

"Cake" I thought. I right-clicked the pattern, and after a brief moment of horror where I thought my casting-bar had disappeared, I remembered that I had not remembered to update my addons... so it wasn't showing. Once I had learned the pattern, I opened my tailoring crafting window to become a proud owner of my new Ice-Blue Rug-of-Awesomeness....

...only to find out I didn't have the mats.

"No sweat" I thought to myself as I remembered that this patch had gotten rid of the location requirements and obscene four-day cooldowns on making the cloth, and I went to my bank to find my stash of eternals and imbued frostweave.

I made the cloth I needed... and to my surprise, you still receive the buffs from making the cloth, like you used to when you had to travel all over Dragonblight to make it.

So... along with removing the annoying cooldown and travel requirements to make the cloth, Tailors get a stealth buff that could be utilized for raiding.

In case you're not familiar with the buffs I'm talking about, theey are: 20-Haste from making Spellweave, 20 HP/5 & MP/5 from making a Moonshroud, and 20-Crit from making an Ebonweave. Each buff lasts 30 minutes.

Sure, you have to create one of each cloth to get the buffs... but with as cheap and easy as these mats are to farm... it's a pretty decent raid-buff to the Tailoring profession. You can buy eternals with Frozen Orbs now as well.

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not... so we'll see how long it lasts. Either way, I'm likely to get at least one raid out of it if they decide to hotfix it...

**Edit**

Well... I found out tonight that you don't get the buffs in ICC during a raid. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment